I suggest you ...

Additional movements

I have noticed a few movements are missing.

Log press (there is log carry but no press). Logs have weight, diameter and length (length isn't as important as the weight and diameter).
Stone or implement to height or over bar (important strongman event). Stones have weight and diameter though diameter isn't as important as weight it is still a very nice to have.
Weighted step ups (I don't know if more people would refer to step ups as box step ups vs step ups, is it possible to tag it with the word box as well to make searching for this easier?)
Adding weights to movements such as weighted rope climbs or double unders (people are crazy, they will add weight to anything if they can so maybe an additional field next to implement and people can add a weight and implement i.e. weight vest or kettle bell etc)
Split and push jerks on the varying clean movements, i.e. high hang split jerk and hang power clean push jerk and so on. I know for me that my push and split jerks are at different weights and I would really like to know what the two are.
Yoke walk.
Ground to overhead is missing medicine ball, slam ball, slam bag, log, stone and implement/object.
Axel dumbbell/monster dumbbell/circus dumbbell (basically fat handled dumbbells)
Kettle bell cleans (today we did 16kg a hand hang kettle bell cleans, also the kettle bell snatches don't have any hang heights available which people might like).

1 vote
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    BW~Merlin shared this idea  ·   ·  Admin →
    completed  ·  AdminKilomodo (Admin, Kilomodo) responded  · 

We’ve knocked as most of these. Some will require some addition development work, but we’ve put them in the backlog.

11 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Brandon commented  · 

Another movement that would be nice to add to step-ups is burpee-box-step-ups

• BW~Merlin commented  · 

I am trying to enter in a PB/PR for a log clean and jerk. The log is an interesting beast and most people refer to it as a log press but also say you need to clean it off the ground, roll it up the body and the jerk it or press it out overhead (so it has three distinct movement phases).

Either way it is possible to add log as an implement of the clean and jerk, it is already listed as an implement for split jerk or balance jerk and most of the presses but not for a clean and jerk.

I have also noticed that you don't have clean and press/push press/push jerk.

• BW~Merlin commented  · 

Thrusters do not allow for wall/medballs either.

• BW~Merlin commented  · 

With squats you cannot select wall ball/med ball (goblet would probably be closest but there is only kettle bell as implement if you choose goblet).

• BW~Merlin commented  · 

I took a look at all the other lunge options and besides lunge jumping (and tactical which to be honest I have no idea what that is) they all allow plate as an option. Also lunge walking doesn't have snatch as a variant (either does jumping but you might have to be a little touched in the head to want to try that).

In your opinion what is the difference between a lunge and walking lunge, to me a lunge is any form of lunge whether backwards or forwards (your choice as to which one you would like to choose) where as a walking lunge would mean you lunge forward (I guess you could do it backwards if you wanted to) across the gym floor.

As for the skipping I swear I searched for them before I posted, oh well.

• AdminKilomodo (Admin, Kilomodo) commented  · 

BW-Merlin,

A couple of answers on the movements:

Wall Balls = You are right, we are using the standard heights. Need to add scaling ability for height.

Single/Double/Triple unders = should be standalone movements. Search for the terms and it should show up in the results.

Thruster = No plate, you are right

Run - No plate option, you are right, BUT we do have FARMERS RUN.

Lunge Walking with plate = make sure you select the WEIGHTLIFTING Lunge option.

• BW~Merlin commented  · 

Also, lunge walking doesn't allow for a plate either.

• BW~Merlin commented  · 

Two more, thruster doesn't allow for a plate nor does weighted run (you could argue that it is more of a farms walk/run but I thought I would mention it none the less).

• BW~Merlin commented  · 

Just found that jump/skip rope variants are not available as a major movement, most of the time this is not a problem but sometimes trip unders and single skips will be the set movement and not a scaled option.

• BW~Merlin commented  · 

I have just noticed that wall balls do not have a hight, were I train most people do the standard hight of 9' for girls and 10' for guys but we also have 11' and 12' targets for most advanced athletes.

Feedback and Knowledge Base